A national fleet provider of a mixed vehicle fleet identified that their fleet maintenance scheduling system was not providing effective or consistent planning of the MOT, LOLER / PUWER or vehicle maintenance events. Hence potentially placing their customers O Licence certification at risk!
Using Lean Six Sigma methods our consultant worked closely with the client’s project team to examine the current systems in use.
The resulting process improvements delivered:
- HGV operators licence protection
- MOT, LOLER / PUWER certification events aligned to maintenance events – resulting in a reduction in vehicle downtime
- Provided data and documentation that demonstrated compliance for the vehicle user
- Real-time fleet maintenance scheduling and enhanced workshop planning leading to increased utilisation and profitability
- Accountable measures and client KPI’s in place.
This led to increased customer satisfaction and visible assurance to the client’s directors that their compliance obligations were being fulfilled.