Chase Plastics specialises in the recycling plastic waste to a high quality compound suitable for returning into the manufacturing chain. The business had grown and developed and found itself in need of an occupational health and safety review and the development of a health and safety management system.
What we did:
- From an initial review of occupational health and safety risk a common sense management system was developed to provide a framework for managing risk.
- A safety action plan was implemented to make sure that safety tasks are identified, prioritised, responsibility assigned and progress to completion recorded.
- We have provided individual training on occupational health and safety management to the management team and continue to provide an on-call advice service.
- Risk assessments were combined with training manuals to simplify the system and an emphasis was placed on illustrating these documents to make it easier for those members of staff for whom English is a second language to understand.
- We continue to provide ongoing support and guidance on occupational health and safety management. Providing the business with cost effective expertise appropriate to its nature and scale.
- The management team are more confident and competent in their management of occupational health and safety.
- The business is managing its occupational health and safety risks proactively.