Going the extra mile for your customers/clients has never been more important.
The Internet offers so much information and so many choices. You need to be in a position to take advantage of this, as it is easy for customers to look elsewhere if they cannot get what they want from you.
On top of this, the economic crisis has made customers more demanding, so what must you do?
In these challenging times, it is important to invest in your staff, ensuring that they know all about your organisation’s products and services and are equipped to offer customers the best solutions.
It’s difficult to tell whether or not your staff are achieving a world-class standard of customer service, which is why we have put together a short list of signs to look out for. Your staff are achieving a high standard of customer service if they:
- Challenge themselves to manage service personally to ensure satisfaction.
- Understand and learn about customer needs.
- Satisfy customer needs with innovative solutions.
- Treat customers as individuals.
- Own and solve customer problems.
- Make themselves the customer’s advocate.
- Educate customers where necessary.
- Recommend appropriate products and solutions.
So… are your customer service standards fit for purpose?